Bearded Dragon Diet - Top 5 Guides
There is no shortage of advice on the optimal bearded dragon diet, so we aren’t going to reinvent the wheel here. A few points keep in mind before you get into the guides we’ve found most helpful:
- Feed Based Upon Age: Young beardies will need to eat primarily protein to fuel their growth, but as they age, their diet needs to skew towards fruits and vegetables.
- Size Food Appropriately: Food should not be wider than the space between its eyes.
- Hydration: Most of their hydration will come from their food, so if the food is drying out before they finish eating it, consider misting to simulate a light rain in the desert.
Here are the top 5 resources we’ve found helpful if you want to go in depth on diet topics:
- VET Babble: https://www.vetbabble.com/reptiles/bearded-dragon-care-guide/
- Bearded Dragon’s World: the most comprehensive info we’ve come across, right down to the smallest details on the nutritional facts on your different food options! https://beardeddragonsworld.com/what-to-feed-your-bearded-dragon/
- Reptiles Magazine: http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/The-Best-Guide-To-Bearded-Dragon-Nutrition/
- The Critter Depot: lots of info beyond food, but a good range of foods are covered https://www.thecritterdepot.com/blogs/news/heres-how-to-care-for-your-beloved-bearded-dragon
- All Creatures Animal Clinic: https://allcreaturesvet.net/bearded-dragon